tracker

Friday, August 15, 2008

Three

My friend Kim tagged me, so I am going to take a brief respite in posts about our trip, to respond to the tag. Here goes.

Three Joys:
  1. My Savior and my family.
  2. Reading and learning
  3. Serving other people.
Three Fears:
  1. Heights. Especially really tall escalators.
  2. Water. In my recollection, I almost drowned when I was about 8 years old. Now it probably wasn't as bad and it seemed to me, but since that time I have a real fear of water that goes over my head. And I am scared about taking my kids swimming by myself, and my children putting their heads under the water.
  3. Anything new. I'm terrified of new experiences. For example: When we got married our car was a Suzuki Swift. It was a reliable car, but tiny. When I got pregnant with Guy, we knew we needed to get a bigger car. We upgraded to a Honda CRV. Quite a bit bigger, and more powerful than a Swift. When we bought the car, my husband was the only one who test drove it. After we got it home, I was fine riding in it, but terrified to drive it. Once I drove it for the first time, I did great. It was just getting to that first time.
Three Goals:
  1. To get out of debt.
  2. To own a home.
  3. To finish my education when my children get older.
Three Obsessions:
  1. Food Safety. It drives me crazy when I see people doing practices that are poor food handling. Like leaving something out that should be refrigerated.
  2. Candles. I love candles. I would have my home filled with scented candles if I felt like I could spend money on them, and found quality ones for a bargain.
  3. Shopping online. I hate shopping in stores. Grocery shopping I do, because I like to pick out my own produce. But other than that, if I can get it online, that is where I get it. Then I can shop at my own pace, I don't have to deal with crowds, and I have search engines to help me find what I am looking for, with out making it so much of a treasure hunt.
Three Surprising Facts About Me:
  1. I am fascinated with other people. I love to see how other people spend their time, and what they do. I like to see how they think. I love to read self help books that are filled with true life antidotes, because I like to read the antidotes.
  2. As fascinated as I am with others, I live my life shut in a closet. I am terrified of speaking to people. I'm afraid every one doesn't like me, and that I am an inconvenience to them if I approach them. So I hide away in my own little world feeling sorry for myself. But the thing is, I know it is my problem. When I have gotten the courage to push myself out of my shell, I have made some of the best friends I have ever had. Yet I still find myself holding back, not willing to take the risk. I'd rather think everyone doesn't like me, than know it to be the case, so I'm not willing to find out that they do. Pretty pathetic huh?
  3. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Correction, I don't know what to study when I go back to school. The quickest thing would be to finish the degree I already started. Family and Consumer Science (otherwise known as home economics). But after being a stay at home mom, I think if the time ever comes that I go to work, for what ever reason, I think I want to do something different than what I have been doing. I just don't know what.
Three People I'm Tagging: Robena, Justin, and Becca

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds like your trip you Utah was a good one! I enjoyed reading about it, and the 'three' poast, oh yeah, and the pictures your daughter took are great! We got our 4 going on 5 year old one of those 'kid' cameras for her birthday. (It went on clearance after Christmas last year for like 75% off) Anyway, I'm excited to see the little photographer in her to come out. :)

Shannon said...

Maybe (to help you figure out what you want to "be" when you grow up)you should take a personality test like the Meyers-Briggs, and see what it tells you. You never know what you might learn about yourself!

Kirsten said...

your comments about yourself are so funny because you're the one who befriended me in the 33rd ward! you even asked us over to dinner, and i've been making that crock pot recipe with the cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, and cream cheese sauce ever since because i love it and it always reminds me of such a fun dinner with you guys! by the way, love cin's picture taking. lydia is always asking to use the camera and i might let her take one picture, but no more than that because we don't have digital that i can just delete. it was funny to see what actually came of letting them just let loose.