tracker

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Utah Trip: Family Week: Day 2, Thanksgiving Point: The Gardens

OK so first for anyone not familiar with Utah, there is this place called Thanksgiving Point. It has a dinosaur museum, a IMAX theater, awesome gardens, a golf course, and I'm not sure what else. Anyway it is normally quite expensive. I think the regular rates are something like $10 per adult and $5 per kid. Which when you have a group as large as the one we were dealing with, is just unthinkable pricing.
Fortunately for us however, in the month of August, every Tuesday, each attraction was only $2 per person. A lot more affordable. So we decided that we would go to the gardens, and the Dinosaur Museum. The day was forcasted to rain, so we decided to go to the gardens in the morning, before the rain started, and then the Museum in the afternoon. We met T and D in a parking lot behind the museum and were quite glad we had chosen to go to the gardens first. The line for the museum was horrendous. However there weren't that many people going to the gardens. It was a nice day to go to the gardens. It was overcast, which meant it wasn't a scorcher. It was a little humid, but I didn't mind that. It was like a nice day at home.
It was nice to get an opportunity to stroll casually around with my husband, because others were eager to push our children around. My dad rented a wheel chair for my mom and grandma. And we all had a great morning. Somehow we managed to have both of our cameras left out of the diaper bag that day. But lucky for you, many other people had cameras and let me have copies of the pictures they took. Here are my favorites from the gardens.
I know I've posted this picture before. This is my brother T and his wife D in the gardens.
Another repeat I know, there will be a few repeats, because most of the good pictures we got of people were taken in the gardens. These are my sisters C and M in the gardens.
My sisters L and N.
N and Cinderella

Grandma
My two single brothers S and P
My little family
My Hubby and I
My Nephew A
Our "little" group
Cinderella loves to smell flowers.
Don't you love how it looks like she is trying to kiss the flower?
Scrunched up nose :)
My mom
This picture was taken at the top of a large hill in the gardens. If you look closely behind L you will see the sagebrush covered hills, that contrast with the green of the garden.
My dad was pushing the wheelchair that had my grandma in it throughout the gardens. When we got to the top of a hill we stopped to rest and enjoy the view. My dad commented that his leg had been hurting him. So my grandma joked that she should push him. So they decided to get a pose with him in the chair and her behind.
Here is my hubby on top of the hill.
Kids in the stroller
M, D, Cinderella, and N taking a break
D and C
Climbing the pillar
Aunt D with Cinderella by the waterfalls
Uncle T and Aunt D were taking pictures with Cinderella down by the waterfall, when someone asked them if they would like their picture taken with Cinderella too.
Cinderella by the waterfall
Cinderella and me by the waterfall

Because there were a lot of pictures taken at the gardens, I am posting them all by themselves. Stay tuned for Cabela's and the Dinosaur Museum.

1 comment:

The Hills said...

I love the one with you and Cinderella and the waterfalls. And the pictures of Cinderella sniffing away, so cute.