tracker

Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Ruby of Fire

For my birthday I wanted to have a Mystery Dinner Party.  I told the hubs this, and I also told him that I wasn't the keenest on the fact that pretty much the ones I can find,  are all murder mystery.   Not only are they murder, but they often have immorality involved.  I wanted to do something that wasn't murder, and was clean.

So what did my awesome man do?  He wrote one just for me.  Pretty cool huh?  I helped him iron out details once in a while, but really it was him.  Last night we had the party.  We invited some of our friends to come for the unveiling of the "Ruby of Fire."  There were 4 couples all together.

Our Characters:

General Sean O’Flanagan
A flamboyant Irishman, immigrated to America during his youth.  Retired after a prosperous career as an army officer.  Owns and lives in the renowned O’Flanagan Mansion.  Married later in life to Lady Marie O’Flanagan.

Lady Marie O’Flanagan

Accomplished theater makeup artist, hairdresser, and costume designer.
Wife of Sean O’Flanagan, close associate of actress Dolly Malone.

Dolly Malone
Famous theater actress that starred in “The Purple Fingernail.”  
Close associate of Lady Marie O'Flanagan.

Jeeves
Butler recently hired on by the General.  Has taken interest in the inimitable
Dolly Malone, who frequents the O’Flanagan Mansion as a regular guest.


Professor Thwimbleton

Scholar of archaeology and ancient studies, highly interested in
any news of the recovery of ancient relics, valuable or mundane.
Hot Lips Harriet
Eccentric Artist.  Girlfriend of Professor Thwimbleton.


Gerard Buchanan Herefordshire the Third
Quirky curator of the Winchecomb Museum of Ancient History.  In case you have to use his last name, it’s “HUH-fud-sure”, not “her ford SHIRE”.  Trust me, if you make that mistake you’ll be hearing about it for weeks.

Veronica Le’Clem
Jeweler and collector of minor gemstones.  Rumor has it there
is more fire between her and the curator than just the ruby.

It was a lot of fun, but didn't' quite play out the way we had imagined it. I think we learned a thing or two about writing this sort of thing, and some kinks that will need to be ironed out if this script is ever used again in the future. However it was a great night with friends, fun and food.



No comments: