tracker

Monday, November 4, 2013

How to have kids and social life go together.

I realized this morning that I have a hard time balancing making sure my kids needs are met and finding ways to interact with other adults.  Particularly when we are at some kind of outing that the whole family goes to.

This last week we went to two such outings.   One was a chili cook off, and the other was an extended family get together.   In both cases meals were served, but the tables were set up in such a way that I just sat by my husband and kids to take care of their needs, and didn't get to visit with anyone over the meal.   At the cook off I felt like I needed to keep my kids in line so they weren't running around being crazy.  I don't know how do that and visit with others.

At the family thing, it seemed like as soon as the meal was done, people were ready to leave.  At this point I felt like I had to get my family rounded up and get a move on.  

I don't blame anyone else for how these situations turned out.  It is just what happened.  I don't have any hard feelings either.  I just know that being a stay at home mom, and me personally with what needs I have, social interaction is a big need of mine.  And I am not sure how to balance interacting with adults and not neglecting my kids.


How do you, or did you, or would you do it?

No comments: