tracker

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pain in the foot

So I crashed on my bike like a week and a half ago right?  And the place where I was the most sore was my right foot.   I have large bunnions (a bone that sticks out to the side of my foot at the base of my big toe)  which cause me a lot of pain on a regular basis any how.   This was the area on my foot where the pain was strongest first.   Then the pain spread up into my toe and down into the arch of my foot.  There was no swelling or visible bruising,  and when the hubs gently probed my foot it didn't cause the pain to increase.   So I figured it was probably a sprain, and tried to not put too much weight on my foot that day.  But really even saying that is a joke of sorts.   I am mom to 5 kids, one of which is a nursing baby.  Even with t being a day that the hubs was home how so you not walk around?  But I did try to sit down with my foot up a lot that day.  After that day however I didn't really treat it different than I usually do, and figured the pain would eventually subside.

Well it still hurts, and today it was hurting enough that right now I have it up with ice under it.  I am not sure what to do however,  because I don't feel like I can just sit down with my foot up all the time.  I feel really lazy, and unproductive.   How do I cary my baby to bed if I don't walk?  How do I I do much of anything and stay off my foot.  It is so frustrating!

No comments: