tracker

Monday, November 11, 2013

Recap

So lately I haven't been on top of doing my nightly blog posts.  Seeing as how this is the journal I am keeping right now, I need to do better.

So a lot has happened in the last week, and that could be a big part of why I haven't been writing.

The hubs brother has been having a hard time keeping a job.  He is an entrepreneur, and has tried starting his own company a few times.  And as is the  common thing with trying to start a business, they all didn't really get off the ground.  He has had a few other jobs here and there trying to support his family, but it has been a rough go.

His family has been living with my father-in-law, in a pretty rural community, and the hubs is of the opinion that that is part of why he has had such a hard time with employment.  So when my brother-in-law lost his most recent job last week, the hubs invited him to bring his family here, and stay with us, while he looks for a job in a more populated area.  

So in a whirlwind, it has been decided that they will be coming, soon.  We just aren't sure exactly how soon.  There are a few variables that have to be figured out.  But they could show up as early as Thursday.

I think we can fit them in our house, but it will take some rearranging.  Thus I have been spending a lot of time and energy lately getting things squared away.  I don't mind doing it for them, but it does take a lot of time.

So that is the big thing that is happening around here.  

Then on Saturday, the hubs and I needed to run some errands, and figured it would be a good time to get a sitter, and spend some time with each other.  Well the sitter got here and asked where Spike and Guy were.  I had been so busy rearranging things that I wasn't as on top of it as I should have been.  I knew they had been outside, but I wasn't sure where.  Last I had seen it was in the back yard.   So we went to look.  No kids.   We looked all around the house, all around the yard, around the street, no boys.  Then we noticed that not only were they missing, but their bikes were missing too.

So leaving the girls with the sitter, we took Scooter, got in the van and started to drive around the neighborhood looking for them.  The whole time I was praying that we would find them and they would be OK.  We finally found them, they had left our neighborhood, and were on their way to our church house.  Guy said it was because Spike wanted to go to the church.  

Now I don't know if Guy was just trying to make himself seem innocent, or if he really has a problem of allowing himself to be led down the wrong path by his 2 year old brother.   Either way we have a problem.  He often blames Aurora as well for when he does things wrong.  And I know she can be a mischief maker, and does often suggest breaking rules.  I really don't know what to do with those kids some times.

No comments: