tracker

Friday, January 21, 2011

Aurora's Room

So do you remember almost 2 years ago when we had just moved into this house, I posted some before pictures, fully intending to do some fixing up and post some after pictures too?  Well, I finally have some after pictures to post.  At least of Aurora's room, and hopefully some other rooms coming soon.  So to refresh your memory, this is what her room looked like before.
I had thought about leaving the clouds on the ceiling, and changing the color of the walls.  However, over time the yellow kind of grew on me.  But the walls definitely needed to be touched up, and so we picked a lighter yellow, that was a semi-gloss finish, instead of the egg shell finish that was on the walls before.
With the help of some of my family we painted on Labor Day.


Then I made some curtains for the room, and a quilt and some throw pillows for Aurora's bed.  Then my husband and I went to a second hand store and found a dresser for the room.  We bought a night light from Ikea when we had moved in, and it had been in Cinderella and Aurora's room before.  We used the color of the night light, and the colors in the fabrics for the quilt, curtains and pillows to select some vinyl wall decor, which Aurora got for Christmas.

Here are the end results.




2 comments:

Rose said...

Very cute! Nice work!

Melissa said...

It looks really cute! If you don't mind can I offer one suggestion? its actually not safe to have a bed under a window. If there is a large earthquake or fire, for example, the window could break and if she happens to be in her bed the falling glass could hurt her. I recently learned this good tip from Laurel. I unfortunately have Rachel's bed partly under her window but her room is so small, there isn't really any other way to arrange it. It bothers me thought so I'm always staring at her room trying to see another way to put it. It looks like Aurora's room has plenty of space to play with. Anyway, I hope she has lots of fun in her room!