tracker

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lightning McQueen

You know the movie Cars? I personally don't like that movie, and it is one that we will never own, because of some language in it. However, I have a little boy who loves vehicles, and his latest hero is Lightning McQueen.

It started when his aunt gave him a Lightning McQueen car for his second birthday. He loves that car. And calls it by name.

He also loves towels. He always has. As soon as he gets out of the tub, he wants his towel on. Then he doesn't want it off, even after he is dressed. He runs around the house with a towel over his head. His towels have been the hooded baby towels. Well as he has been getting bigger, and with another baby needing the small towels, I wanted to get him some larger ones. Cinderella has 2 large hooded towels, and with his love for towels, I wanted to get him some hooded ones too, even though I know regular towels work perfectly fine.

Well our source for getting things like that is my mom who sells Avon. At the time, the towels available that I knew about were Disney Princess, Dora the Explorer, Sponge Bob, and Cars. Well I'm not a big fan of Sponge Bob (even less than Cars), so I didn't want to get him that towel. My mom, then told me that there was also a Winnie the Pooh towel. So I got him the Pooh Bear, and the Lightning McQueen. What can I say, when you have to go with characters, you pick the best available.

He LOVES his Lightning McQueen towel. I know big surprise huh?

Then there is one last thing. I am making Cinderella's room a "Princess" room. My mom had some cloth expanding buckets with Disney Princess on them available from Avon. So I got some for Cinderella. Well Guy loves them. He loves to empty them, and put his stuff in them. So I decided to get him some too. Once again, there was Sponge Bob and Cars. I was really hesitant to get this one, because I feel like I am promoting a movie to my 2 year old, that I don't really want him watching a whole lot. But I finally decided to get the buckets, because he is already a big enough fan, I don't know if one more thing is really going to make that big a difference.

No comments: