tracker

Saturday, May 16, 2009

"Sorry, I'm Busy"

So this morning I was folding laundry, trying to get caught up on 2 weeks worth of clothes. My husband has been doing a good job of getting the clothes washed, but unfortunately, they have just been dumped in a pile on my couch, waiting to be folded.

Anyway, Cinderella was playing the computer, something she had been doing for the last hour or so, and I told her it was time to be done, and that I needed her to help me. She told me she was playing Kwala, and that she couldn't help me. She didn't want to do any work, just play. I told her that since I wasn't the only person in this house that wears clothes, and gets them dirty, she could help me.

She said, "sorry, I'm busy." So I went and turned off her game, and put the computer on standby. She then proceeded to scream at me, and tell me that she was never going to help me again. She then stomped across the room, picked up a folded towel of the floor, and carried it upstairs to the closet where it goes, screaming and stomping all the way. She then came back down, told me once again that she was never going to help me again, and got another towel. She shook it out so it was no longer folded. I scolded her for unfolding the towel I had folded. She then told me she was putting it away. She then took a snack break, with my permission, and then came and asked me if she could go out side and play with Guy. I asked her if she could help me a little more first, and she politely said she would, and helped me put away a good amount of the rest of the clothes. It is like dealing with a Jekyll and Hyde.

I could do with out the attitude, but hey at least she was helping. Right?

2 comments:

Rose said...

Wow... Jekyll and Hyde is right! I'm glad that at last she decided to help politely! It's kind of funny how we have to teach them to be independent by not helping them so much, but we also want them to be helpful by helping the family! Let me know if you ever figure that trick out! :)

Robin said...

The other day when I was over she told me that sometimes she is onery but wouldn't give me a reason why. I forgot to tell you but thought that it was funny that she would admit it!