tracker

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Do you know why the storm went away?

Earlier today, when my children were eating lunch, Cinderella noticed some of our neighbors on their swing set. She asked if she could go out and play. I told her she couldn't right then because we were having lunch. After lunch it would be time for quiet time, but maybe when quiet time was over she could go out. I told her I that there was a storm for casted, with lightning and thunder, and if that was happening, they wouldn't be able to play outside. But otherwise they could.

She then proceeded to ask me questions about lightning and thunder. Guy added his two bit of "Lightning McQueen" (I'll explain this in another post later). I tried to answer her honestly, about how it is something that can be dangerous, if we don't follow the rules, but if we follow the rules we will be OK. Well all I succeeded in doing was scaring her of storms.

Half an hour into quiet time, she came out. I asked what she was doing, and she told me she was scared of storms. I told her it wasn't storming, and she was OK, then asked her to go and finish her quiet time.

When quiet time ended and the kids were having their snack, she asked me, "Do you know why the storm went away?"
I told her it probably blew away, because it was kind of windy. She said, "No, do you know why the storm went away?"
I asked her why, and she said, "I prayed during quiet time. Because I am scared of storms. Good idea huh? Now I can go out and play."

It is nice to see these little moments when the things we teach them, sink in.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Aw, that's cute! :)

Robin said...

I love that she knew just what to do when she was scared!