tracker

Thursday, May 1, 2008

No Excuses! Excuse #1

I am a homebody. Not really because I just love my home, and never want to leave it. But because I have too many excuses why not to go out. So I have decided lately, that I can't have any excuses, so I am slowly getting rid of them one by one. And I plan to document it, on here, hopefully with pictures. That way it gives me even less excuse.

So for excuse #1. The weather.
I live in the North West, which is known for gray skies, cooler temperatures, and rain. When the day is like that, I stay home. Don't want to get the kids wet, cold, and sick. And I just plain don't want to be cold.

Well every Thursday we have a playgroup, that we attend, with some other mothers and children from our church. We will meet at someones house, a park or some recreational facility. If it is at someones house or somewhere free, we go. If it costs, I go if I feel like it would be worth the amount that I would have to pay, and it is a place where I feel like I can handle both kids by myself. For instance, I haven't gone swimming with both kids, because the idea of two young children who can't swim in a pool, relying on me, scares me.

Anyway, today's playgroup was supposed to be at someones house, but unfortunately, their child got pink eye. Well the forecast for today is partly cloudy, high of 54. Which for here, means a nice day. So it was decided that we would go to a park instead.

This morning when Cinderella was getting dressed, she pulled out a skirt and requested to wear it. I told her that for playgroup, we were going to go to a playground, and her legs would get cold in the skirt. So she decided to wear pants. And I had locked myself into going.

Playgroup starts at 10:00. At about 9:30, I look out the window, and this is what I saw.

Well gray clouds like that are enough to make me change my mind about wanting to be outside. But I had already told Cinderella we were going to go, so go we must.

I decided to get a view from a different perspective. This is what I saw out our front windows.

OK that blue sky looked promising. (Other than the fact that the park we were going to is in the direction of the gray clouds. But I wouldn't let myself think about that.)

So we went. And the kids had a blast. Guy felt so big that he could climb up the playground all by himself. Every step he would stop, stand up and grin a big grin, as if to say "look at me."
Cinderella, just loves it anytime we go to a playground. It could be poring rain, and I think she would enjoy herself, particularly if she gets to play with her friends.
So yes, even though I really didn't want to be outside this morning, I am glad I went, and I know the kids are too.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm glad you went! With the weather we have been having lately it would be easy to stay inside A LOT! Let's hope it warms up soon. :)

Rose said...

I know what you mean about the homebody thing! I have many excuses not to go out as well! Perhaps your listing excuses not to go out will help me overcome my excuses as well.

However, since I was born and raised in Seattle... weather really has never been an excuse for me not to go out. So I look forward to your next excuse! :)