tracker

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hair

So Cinderella's hair hasn't always been as curly as it is. But yes the curl is natural. We have been able to get her hair to do all kinds of fun things, however even before the curl was apparent. The first thing was the "Mohawk", or as I grew up thinking of it, the curl on top of the head.
She also had the new born wave. Right after her hair was washed it would stick up.

Then one day when she was probably about 4 months old, we gave her her bath, and as we were drying her hair, we noticed that the top curled. And if we put a little gel in it, the curl would stay.

Then one day, I had taken my quite short hair at the time, and spiked it all out in back and on the sides. So just for fun I thought I'd see if Cinderella's hair would do it too.


And then it just got curlier and curlier








So what would her hair look like now, if it was strait, you might ask. Well today we got to find out. You see for Mothers Day I got a tube of straitening gel, courtesy of Cinderella's fingers that think they need to sample everything at Bath and Body Works. Even if it isn't supposed to be sampled. After she thought the gel was lotion, it was decided that we should buy it. So this morning I decided to straiten my hair. Cinderella and Guy had been taking a bath, and Daddy was taking care of Guy, so I took my straitening blow dryer into the bathroom, where Cinderella was still bathing so that I could keep an eye on her and do my hair at the same time. Well when she saw what I was doing she wanted me to do her hair too.
This is the end result.

You may notice, her hair still has some curl to it, even though I straitened it. And I used high heat, even though her hair is so fine, because low heat, just wasn't doing anything.
I think I prefer it curly, but I think strait is pretty cute too.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

that is pretty cute. how come we don't get to see you're cute straight hair? how did it turn out?
the second pic of cin: does it have winnie-the-pooh on the front holding a balloon? we had the same outfit.
happy mother's day!

Rose said...

Natalie's curls when it's wet too. I guess I'll have to get gel! I hope her hair turns out as curly as Cinderella's does!

Aww... she looks cute with straight hair! What's funny is how much longer it is when it's straight! It gives you another option for her hair!

Was it straight at Church yesterday? I wasn't paying attention (sorry)! Yes, let's see a photo of you with straight hair!!! Happy Mother's Day.

Kim said...

It is so long. I never would have guessed with the curls.