tracker

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mama Hair

OK so to show you my straitened hair, first you have to hear my Mama hair story.

I have naturally wavy hair. The curl in my hair has been stronger at some times than others, but I have a tendency to feel like my hair doesn't look nice unless I put a lot of work into it.
For the first few months after Cinderella was born, I had long hair. It looked OK, if I just combed it and let it air dry.

But I felt like it looked a lot better if I blew it dry and straitened it. So I got a hair straightener, blow dryer in one. I really liked the end result, but it took me an hour to do my hair. Being a new mom, that didn't happen except on Sunday's and special occasions.


Then came the time that my hair started to shed, really shed. I was constantly finding long brown hairs, everywhere, and it was driving me crazy. So I wanted to get my hair cut. My husband gave me the go ahead, and so one day, when he was able to stay home with Cinderella, I went to get it cut. What I came back with shocked him. I think it kind of shocked me too.

Short hair was OK. It was a lot easier to take care of, which was why I had it cut that short. But it also didn't look very good, if I just let it air dry, and didn't do much with it. But it had the advantage of not taking as much time to do something with.

Until it started growing out. Then I had to go in every month to get it shaped so that it looked good. Then it started taking more effort, time and money than I wanted to spend on it. So I decided to let it grow out.



And now except for a few trims along the way, my hair is about as long as it was before I first cut it after Cinderella was born, and once again I am faced with the never ending wave.
Except, this time, I don't really care enough to chop my hair, or spend an hour on my hair every Sunday. So except for days like today, wavy is what it is.
And well, other than my husband, no one seems to notice the difference anyhow, so wavy must not look that bad.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Awww... you look cute with short hair!!! :) I like what you did with the straightener too!

Have you tried Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight Shampoo and Conditioner? I have a natural wave to my hair as well... more sometimes than others... but when I use that shampoo and conditioner, I'm able to comb my hair and let it dry, and it'll be a lot straighter. I can't say whether it's stick straight, cause my hair is so thick... but definitely straighter than otherwise! The only other product I add to my hair is mousse to tame the frizz.

Kim said...

I did exactly the same thing. My hair was super long when we got married, but it started falling out after giving birth, therefore, the cut I have now. It used to be even shorter, I'm not as patient as you are to let it grow.