tracker

Friday, May 9, 2008

My BIG boy

So Guy thinks he is so big. Yesterday we went to a playground. This is the second time in 2 weeks that we have gotten out. Part of my goal to get out more even on cold days. Anyway, he loves to climb up on the playground, and this one had a lot of stairs.

We don't have stairs at home, because we live in a one level apartment, so when ever we go somewhere with stairs, he makes a beeline for them, and enjoys each step.

I followed him up the playground, and he continued climbing until he was at the very top level. Which was probably about 7 feet high. As he neared the top of the stairs, I could see an opening on the other side of the platform, which made me incredibly nervous. And as soon as he got up there, sure enough he started heading strait for the opening. So I grabbed him and we looked down together. It was a climbing wall, and he really wanted to go down it. Instead we went down the slide that was right there. When we got to the bottom, he wanted to go check out the climbing wall.
Thankfully those things really can't be mastered very easily by a 13 month old. Even Cinderella thought it was probably too big for her. Much to my relief. OK so maybe I'm a paranoid mother, but I like to have my children only climb high enough that I can still reach them, without having to climb too, if there is a problem. At least until they are more coordinated.


Guy also has a tendency to LIKE to be in places that are kind of a tight fit. Today I looked over at him and this is what I found.
Can you see how tightly he is wedged in there between the playground and the barn, while he is playing little people. I don't think the idea of moving the toys even occurred to him.

I love my little Guy, and get a kick watching him grow up. Times like this make it definitely worth being a stay at home mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute--I love how wedged in he is!! :)