tracker

Sunday, April 20, 2008

My crazy day.

Have you ever had one of those days when it doesn't seem to matter what you do, there are many things that go wrong? And of course when that happens I think it is easier to focus on the things that go wrong, than the things that go right.
So I'm going to tell you about my day. And I am going to try to put in both the things that went right and wrong, so that I don't just focus on the wrong.

This morning we woke up on time, and we were able to all get a shower or bath before my husband needed to leave for a 10:00 meeting. (He has just recently gotten a new responsibility in our church. This one requires that he spends a lot more time in meetings, and less time at home. Which I can handle, but can be difficult. On the plus side, it means that once they find someone to replace him in teaching our primary class, he can take Guy with him during that hour, which will solve that problem.)

Anyway, once we were all dressed and ready for the day, he left for his meeting and I put "The Testaments" (a movie made by our church depicting events that took place in the Book of Mormon, and some fictional that fits in that time period.) on for Cinderella, but Guy down for a nap, and then went to work reviewing my lesson for today, to make sure I had it all figured out.

Well I found myself frustrated, trying to figure out the right way to teach this lesson to my class. It increased my frustration to not have my husband available to bounce ideas off of. But with some prayer and pondering I came up with some ideas and got it in order.

Then I took Cinderella to the potty. She is doing a pretty good job there now. If I tell her to sit on the potty, most of the time she will with out a fuss, and she will actually use it. And she did today. So that was good.

About this time Guy woke up from his nap. I got him up, and let him and Cin play for a while until it was time for lunch. So I asked Cinderella what she wanted to eat, and she told me Cheerios. I figured that was OK, because she had eggs and potatoes for breakfast, and cheerios was less likely to make a mess of their church clothes. So I started to get it ready, and realized I hadn't put dinner in the crock pot yet. So I put Guy in his high chair, and told Cinderella to sit at the table. She was more interested in looking at some paper than obeying, and Guy was reaching the point that he was quite frustrated with being stuck in his chair without food.

So I went to get the food, and put some chicken in the microwave to thaw for dinner. I got their cheerios ready. Cinderellas in a bowl with milk, and Guys dry on his tray. I got Cin to sit at the table, and got a prayer said. Then I got them eating. By this time I had about 35 min. before I needed to head out the door, so that I had time to set up my class room. I then went and got the chicken out of the microwave. It was still partially frozen, which I don't like to put it in the crock pot, that way, but for the sake of time, I did, and turned it on high, intending to turn it down before we left. I then got a banana for the kids, and then started working on some lunch for me. I got a salad ready, sat down at the table had taken about 2 bites, when Cinderella decided she was done, and filled her mouth with milk, and then spit it out all over her.

OK so we were running out of time, my husband was still at the church, and I knew I most likely wouldn't see him before church, and now her dress was covered with milk, and Guy was sitting in the high chair screaming for more banana.

Well I took Cinderella to her room, and proceeded to change her dress. I'm sure I wasn't responding as kind and loving as I should, and so she didn't respond the best. She started crying that I wasn't being nice to her, as I was snapping at her to sit up strait so I could button her dress. Well, she was tired, she had gotten to bed late last night, and refused to be consoled. So I left her crying and went to the kitchen to take care of Guy. I felt lousy and overwhelmed by this time, but knew there was no one else to do it, so I better. Guy had finished the food on his tray, and I didn't have any more to give him, so I got him down. He then proceeded to scream at me, for getting him down before he was ready, and refused to come and get more food, when I found some he had been sitting on. And of course, because he had been sitting on his food, he had mashed bananas and milk all over his trousers and vest. So that meant I needed to change his clothes too. I hurried and gobbled down my salad, and then took to the task of getting him some new pants. I just decided to discard the vest.

By this time Cinderella had calmed down and I found her lying in her bed, ready to take a nap. To bad for her that it was time to go. I finally got the kids ready and got them out the door at about 11:56 instead of 11:40 as planned. I got them buckled in the car, and then my hubby showed up. He was going to give a ride to a 11 year old boy who lives in our complex that was interested in attending our church today. I waved him good bye, and drove to church. I was already on the verge of tears from the stress I had been dealing with, so I spent my drive listening to religious music, and praying. I got to the church, a lot more calm then how I left my home.

Well I pulled into a spot next to a curb. And got out of the car. I then proceeded to get Guy out of his seat, which was behind the drivers seat. I picked him up, and then took a step backward, to head over and get Cinderella out. What I didn't take account of what my heels, the curb, and my ankle twisting when I landed on it. I soon found myself on my back in the middle of the church parking lot, and to make matters worse, my skirt and flown up, and I was bawling again. Got to love those emotions. It didn't take long for some gentleman who I don't know to come to my assistance. He retrieved a shocked Guy from my arms, and helped me to my feet. I told him I was OK between sobs, and tried to retrieve Guy. He told me he would carry Guy for me, and that we should go find a place to sit down. I told him I had another child in the car. So I got her out, and then his daughter, took Cinderella's hand to lead her into the church. It was about this time, that I saw my husband heading toward me. Apparently he had shown up just in time to see his wife take a spill. So I pointed him out to the other man, and he let my husband take it from there. I was so mortified. And to make matters worse, I couldn't seem to stop crying. All through the first meeting, every time we would sing, I would cry. Thankfully Cinderella handled herself quiet well during the meeting.

I wasn't sure how I would handle teaching my class. However, where my emotions are concerned I seemed to do an OK job. It wasn't the best job ever, and there was one student that got a little bit of a tongue lashing. But other than that I handled the rest of church OK, until I decided I needed to tell one of the leaders of our ward (The councilor of the bishopric who is over primary) that my emotions won't handle teaching alone much longer. Then I burst into tears again.

After church was over, and I got home, I think the rest of the day was pretty good. So yes there were many negative things that happened today, but there were a lot of positive ones too.

5 comments:

Hill said...

It sure sounds like you need a hug and a big bowl of ice cream! I know how those days go...just be glad you don't have three to deal with right now!

Heidi said...

I'm sorry Julie! Those days are so stressful and annoying. Sometimes it feels good to have a cry, right?! I hope you had a better day today.

Kati said...

I'm so sorry! I wish I could have helped somewhere along the way.

Rose said...

Sorry to hear that you had such a rough day! I hope things go better for you next week!

Julie said...

Just so you all know, it was hard when it happened, but now I can laugh about it.