tracker

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cinderella


Cinderella is in a stage lately, where she is ornery all the time, and tells me that I'm the one that is ornery or frustrated. Then she tells me "You aren't very nice to me." And if I start to count (something I have been doing for a long time. I ask her to do something, and if she doesn't respond I start to count. If I reach 5 and she still hasn't responded, I either help her do the desired objective, or she has to go to her room, until she is willing to obey. It depends on what the objective is and if going to the room is an option.) she totally freaks out and says "DON"T SAY THAT WORD".

She is also getting to be a big helper. She wants to be entertained by Mama all the time, so I've started telling her things like, "I have to sort the laundry right now, you can help me or you can go an find something else to do." A lot of the time she will choose to help me. She helps me pick up toys (this one I don't give her an option about), unload the dishwasher, sort laundry, fold laundry, put away laundry, and sort socks. She also helps set the table, gets me things that I need for Guy, if I am unable to get them at the moment.

She is progressing on her potty training. She isn't there yet, and part of that is my fault. I don't stick with it enough. But I can see that she is making progress. I just need to stick with it, and be more assertive in getting her to use the potty.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Ha... onery kids... our son's latest phrase is, "I TOLD you (fill in the blank)."