tracker

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Guy

So Guy turned a year old on the 20th, and I took him in for his 1 year check-up today. He is really a small kid. He is 29" tall (25 percentile). He weighs 18lbs 9oz (below the 5th percentile) however the doctor told me, this is in comparison with all of the kids in America, and a lot of them being over weight, it's not bad to be small. I think he was just trying to get me to not worry. But I'm not worried. So my kids are small, it's in the genes. The real disappointment over his weight is that it means that he still needs to be rear facing in the car. On our scale at home he weighed over 20 lbs, so we turned him around after his birthday. He was really not liking being rear facing, and really enjoyed facing forward. So I am dreading having to change that again.

Guy loves food. He loves to eat. He can say 3 words that I can identify. Mama, Dada, and num-num (for food). He eats a lot. When he is in his high chair, I sometimes think he eats as much as I do. I'm sure it really isn't that much, but it seems like it. He discovered a new food at Easter. Hershey's Kisses. He loves them. He will find a wrapper from one on the floor, that I somehow missed picking up, and he will bring it to me saying "num, num, num" and then get really disappointed when there isn't chocolate in it.

Guy loves to walk, but even more than that he loves to run. He almost constantly has a bump or gash on his head from falling against something.
He loves books. He will go and pull books out of the bookcase and flip through them. Sometimes he will pick one up and carry it to me. If I am sitting on the floor, he will turn around and back up till he falls on my lap. Then he will point to things in the book and speak gibberish. He likes to open it to what ever page, look at it, then close the book and open it again. He might even open it to the same page as before, but he is fine with that. He just loves to look at them. His favorite books are the touchy feely kind. Since he was little, I would hold him in my lap, open the book and take his finger and rub it over the textured parts of the page. One day I was sitting with him looking at a touchy feely book, and he grabbed my finger and started rubbing it over the textured parts.

Guy points. He loves to point, and point and point. Pointing is one of his main forms of communication.

No comments: