tracker

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Your Done

Warning: This post is about nursing. If that makes you uncomfortable, skip it.

So Sleeping Beauty has never been that great of a nurser. And she often gets distracted, and pulls away before she is done. To cope with this I have started counting. As soon as she pulls away I start counting down from 10. If I get to 1 and she still hasn't re latched, I say "your done" give her her "plug" and set her on the floor.

Well Guy has caught on to this and enjoys telling her she is done. Only problem is he doesn't wait until I reach one. I start counting, and he will interrupt with "your done."

Well this morning I was feeding Sleeping Beauty, and I knew she wasn't all that hungry, because it hadn't really been that long since she had eaten. She had just woken up and thought she needed to eat, so I was feeding her. Anyway, Guy woke up and came into my room. He started talking to me, and it distracted Sleeping Beauty. So she broke her latch, and looked to see him. He started counting.

"One, two, three, your done." She then turned back and started nursing again. He said, "no your done. Mommy, pull your shirt down. " He then came over and tried to pull my shirt down, while she was still nursing. He then picked up her plug and tried to break her latch again to give it to her. As soon as she looked away from me he stuck it in her mouth, and said "your done." Because I knew she wasn't really all that hungry, I let her be done, and put her on the floor so her brother could play with her.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Hahaha... I'm sure you'll have to eventually explain to Guy that mommy and Aurora decide when she's done! :)