tracker

Sunday, December 13, 2009

A tea set and cars

So I try to stay on top of my Christmas shopping and get it done before the Christmas Season really starts. This has it's down sides sometimes too.

We went to a Christmas party a last week, and when Cinderella sat on Santa's lap she told him she wanted a tea set. This was the first I had heard of this idea. However it has cropped up several times since then. When I asked Cinderella what she wanted in her stocking she told me a tea set. I asked her if she thought a tea set would fit in her stocking. She said she thought it would. Last night she was sobbing in her bed. I went to see what was wrong, she told me she had a dream where it was Christmas and her stocking was empty. Now I've already gotten all of her presents and she isn't getting a tea set. At least not that I know of. I wonder if she will be really disappointed on Christmas when she doesn't get it.

Guy on the other hand is certain that his presents are all cars. Because he loves cars so much, of course someone would be giving him cars right? Wrong. Not one of his presents that I know about are cars. Trains, yes. A tractor, yes. Cars, no. I hope he's not too disappointed either.

Is it always this hard to get gifts for people?

2 comments:

Rose said...

It's possible that they may disappointed. I'd say pray about it, and see if you can figure out a way that you can turn it into a valuable teaching moment.

(As far as the tea set, have you done her birthday shopping yet?)

It's also possible that they'll be so excited about the presents they DID get, that they won't worry about what they thought might be coming.

Like I said, think about how you can turn it into a valuable teaching lesson if things don't go exactly so!

Becky said...

One year more than anything in this world I wanted a crimp and curl pony. This is a pony with hair that has been waxed and so you can form it however you would like. I'm pretty sure I prayed for one. Needless to say I didn't get one. A lot of Christmas' I didn't get everything I wanted. I was disappointed at the time but I think I turned out all right. It also taught me that I don't need everything I want. It is ridiculous to what length parents will go to get some toys. I'm sure Christmas will be wonderful no matter what.