tracker

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Frustrating !

So I thought it would be a lot of fun to have Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty have matching dresses for Christmas. However I didn't come up with this idea in enough time to sew them myself. However Sears sells the brand Youngland, which makes fancy little girl dresses, and has similar ones in the little girl sizes and baby sizes. So I hunted around and found some, and bought them on sale.

They are cute dresses and I am happy with my purchase. When the package got here, I opened it, checked to make sure they were what I thought I had ordered, but forgot to check the sizes.

So today I was looking at them, and noticed that Sleeping Beauty's is bigger than the other 12 month size dress it was hanging next to in the closet. It was then that I noticed that it wasn't a 12 month size, but a 24 month size. So I promptly went to the computer to see if the sears near me happened to have that dress in stock in the right size. Nope. But they did have all of their dresses on sale for 60% off as a door buster this morning. (Why do they call it a door buster on line?) Anyway, so I decided that since Cinderella doesn't have a lot of dresses, I could probably afford to buy a new one for her, and get one that matched for Sleeping Beauty. So I did a bunch of hunting. Most of the Christmas type dresses were out of stock. (Go figure, it's the day after Christmas.) But I was able to find one that they had in both sizes. So I placed my order.

Then at 5:45 this afternoon I get an e-mail telling me that the 12 month size dress is out of stock and so that item on the order has been canceled. I was already frustrated because they won't have their matching dresses for tomorrow, but I was hoping to have some by the first Sunday of the New Year. Well because the sale ended at noon, I can't even afford to get them both dresses. I did get a new dress for Sleeping Beauty (if this order doesn't fall through), and Cinderella will be keeping her original one. So they both get dresses, however they won't match. That makes me sad, but their isn't anything I can do about it now.

But I can make sure they have matching dresses for Easter. I'm going to make those ones myself.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Bummer! That IS frustrating! It's lots of fun to dress up girls in matching outfits, so I completely understand how irritated you are with the situation! Be sure and post pictures of the ones you make for Easter. I love seeing sisters in matching outfits. If I remember right, one time you even coordinated your son's outfit with your oldest daughter's outfit... so I'm sure you could easily coordinate them all! If you plan well enough ahead, you can easily coordinate the whole family. Good luck!