tracker

Thursday, October 1, 2009

They tracked us down. Not that I mind, I just wonder how they did it.

So I don't know what made the difference, maybe it was buying a house, but we have suddenly been located by businesses in the state of Virginia.

We lived there in 2006, and left the beginning of 2007. Then we lived in Washington State, before we moved here. So I can understand our mail being forwarded from Virginia to Washington. And most of it was.

But recently we have received junk mail from a couple of businesses we frequented when we lived in Virginia, that we haven't heard from since. So I want to know how did they get our address, and why didn't they have our last one? Baffling isn't it? It is at least to me.

As a side note, did you know that you can be registered to vote in more than one state? Now I don't think that is legal, and I didn't do it knowingly. But a few months ago, I received a piece of mail from the state of Virginia, asking me to verify my address because my current registered mailing address isn't the one I am registered to vote in Virginia under. (It may be possible that this is how those businesses got our current address. I don't know.) This let me know I am currently registered in Virginia, even though I haven't lived there or voted there in over 2 years. The same day, I got an absentee ballot for the state of Washington in the mail. Hence, I guess I am still registered there. And I requested to be registered to vote here, when I got my current drivers licence. I never received word on that one, weather or not it went through. So it is possible that I was registered to vote in 3 states at the same time. I didn't know I was supposed to cancel with a previous state. I just thought they would get the message, when I registered to vote in a new area. Hmmm. I wonder if I am still registered in Idaho too?

1 comment:

Rose said...

I think it's fine if you're registered in more than one place... just as long as you're not voting in more than one place... i.e. voting in the Washington elections and in the Utah elections.