tracker

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Halloween House

Halloween in Cinderella's favorite holiday. Hands down. All year round she checks out library books about Halloween. She is constantly telling me what she wants to be for Halloween. Even on November 1st. She just loves that holiday, and I'm not sure why.

Anyway, towards the end of August, when it was a week or so before Cinderella's preschool started, the preschool had an open house. We walked over to it, in part to see how long it would take us to walk to know if walking would be an option on preschool mornings. As we were walking we passed a house that had skeletons and pumpkins out in the front yard, so I pointed it out to Cinderella, because I knew she would love it. And she did. She then started to refer to this house as the Halloween House. She would always ask me on the first few days of preschool if we were getting close to the Halloween house yet.

I don't remember when I realized it, it might have been that first day on the way home, or on the first day of school. But I realized that it wasn't really a house, but a house that had been converted into a business. And they didn't always have their Halloween stuff out, just during business hours. This was a disappointment the first few days because the time of morning that we walk there, is before it opens for the day, and we don't usually walk home.

Still sometimes they would have started to put their displays out before we walked past, and Cinderella is still excited to pass it. One day we noticed that we could see some of their decorations through the windows. Then one day last week we noticed that the decorations inside were no longer Halloween but Christmas.

Then this morning on the way to preschool Cinderella said, "Let's look at the Halloween house and see if it still has Christmas stuff inside." I thought it was pretty funny that even though it has Christmas stuff, it is still the Halloween House. I wonder if it will still be the Halloween House at Easter.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I've always thought it would be a fun place to stop and visit. I've driven past it a million times and have still not gone in!