tracker

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The stomach bug

Last night, I had just fed Sleeping Beauty, gotten her back to bed, and drifted off to sleep myself, when I was woken up by Cinderella. I was only half awake, and asked what she needed. She told me she thought she was going to throw up. Well my mind told me I was still feeding the baby for some reason. So I called for Daddy, and he jumped out of bed and took her to the bathroom. By this time I was fully awake, and went to help her. Unfortunately for her, she had gotten sick. Daddy was kind enough to camp out on her floor, so that I could sleep except when the baby needed me.

This morning we were debating as to weather or not she is sick, or just has a case of food poisoning. We had been to my parents house on Monday for the holiday, and my grandmother who lives there had had some symptoms of a stomach bug. I didn't think anything of it. But when Cinderella got sick, I remembered that and wondered it she had gotten it from there. I mentioned this to my husband, and Cinderella asked me what a stomach bug is. I was trying to think of a way to describe it, when she said, "there was a fly that landed on me downstairs."

2 comments:

The Hills said...

I love it when kids think you are being literal. Sometimes the results are hilarious. Hope she feels better soon. I'm going on day 3 of Jenna screaming her head off in pain from Hand Foot and Mouth.

Adam & Brandi said...

This is so cute. Thank you for documenting it. How adorable.