tracker

Friday, September 11, 2009

Quiet Time

My kids are getting board with quiet time, and don't want to do it. Guy will tear apart his room, bang on his door, etc. Cinderella comes out constantly, wanting to know if it is time to be done.

So I know I've asked a question similar to this before, but I'm going to ask it again. Maybe there are some new ideas out there.

Do you do quiet time at your house? What kinds of things do you have your kids do during quiet time? Do you have any ideas of what I can do to make quiet time be a fun and exciting time, but still a break for me? Any ideas of things they can do on there own, in their rooms that is quiet, and nondestructive?

I would appreciate any suggestions any of you may have.

6 comments:

Rose said...

I thought only my kids did that stuff!

Do they like to look at books? I can leave my kids with board books (Natalie with board books) and that will keep them occupied for a little while longer.

Rose said...

Another idea for your older two is to get BIG Magna Doodles that only come out during quiet time. Then you don't have to worry about crayon on the wall or anything like that, but they can still be artistic...

Kim said...

I know a lot of people will disagree with this one, but we use the TV for quiet time. It is the only time they get to watch during the day, and they have to sit on the couch with their blankets.

Good Luck!

Kati said...

So is Guy done with naps? I can't think what might work for him . . . but Alyssa has craft stuff in her desk (crayons, markers, scissors, glue, paper, etc), her dress up clothes, polly pockets, books, etc all in her room that keeps her occupied really well. When I take a nap at rest time I can often sleep for 2 hours or so! We all go through phases though. Hope you find something that works :)

Kirsten said...

they might also be just testing you to see if you'll keep up with it. seems dalton's been doing that lately. don't budge!

Melissa said...

its hard to say because every kid is so different but Rachel does well reading books in her bed. She still sleeps most days though.