tracker

Monday, September 21, 2009

Breastfeeding. Hmmm

When Cinderella was born, she had a hard time breastfeeding, but we made it work. Mostly because I knew we couldn't afford formula. I then successfully nursed her until she was 15 months old.

Guy had absolutely no interest in nursing. I pumped for a month and gave him bottles. By that point I was really overwhelmed with the pumping, and set it aside, and gave him bottles of formula until he wasn't interested and could drink from a cup when he was a year.

Sleeping Beauty however, has been a completely different story. She has had a hard time with nursing, and I have had moments that I have been tempted to just wean her onto a bottle, and give up the whole breast milk think. I had just about decided to do that, when I changed my mind and decided that because it is hardest for her to nurse when we are in public, and there are distractions, that those times I would give her a bottle. Also when we had a baby sitter, she would have a bottle. Other than that, I would nurse her.

Well she has suddenly decided she doesn't like bottles. She has been fine with them for the last 4 months, but lately she has decided she just wants to nurse. Now if she will do this without problems, I don't mind. But it was nice that she would take a bottle before. Now she won't.

Last night I got bit of a stomach bug. And was vomiting when it was time for her to eat. So Daddy tried to give her a bottle. She wanted none of that. He finally got her to drink an ounce, then she fell asleep.

I just find it interesting to see how different babies are, and how they behave. Oh well, I guess it is bye, bye bottle.

2 comments:

The Hills said...

I feel your pain. I remember getting Tyler to nurse. It took him 2 months to stop lapping me like a dog! So frustrating. Jenna was much better and made things so nice and easy, once I got over the whole cracked nipple thing (sorry if it TMI) and with Curtis. He was a breeze, but so easily distracted by EVERYTHING! He never took a bottle and decided that at 8 months he would start weaning himself. I had none of that though. We will see what #4 does, if there is going to being a #4. (I am so NOT pregnant!)

Rose said...

My youngest did the same thing (decided she didn't like bottles). However, she usually took them from a babysitter... so your baby may still do that. Rarely did she take them from Daddy though! As far as public nursing... get a hooter hider if you don't have one already! It is definitely worth the investment and is far better than fussing with a blanket. I also like that I can still see the baby!