tracker

Friday, August 28, 2009

Sleeping Beauty


I find it interesting how different children can be from each other in just the little things.

Both Cinderella and Guy as babies HATED being on their tummies much at first. In fact they didn't get much tummy time because they disliked it so much. But once they learned how to roll from back to front, I would make them stay on their tummies more. Eventually they got to the point that they liked being on their tummies so much that they would roll over in their cribs and sleep on their tummy. I know you are told not to let your baby sleep on their tummy, but once they can roll their themselves, what can you really do about it?

Well Sleeping Beauty, has never really disliked being on her tummy, other than once her neck would get tired of holding her head up. However now that she has learned how to roll over, both ways, she spends most of her time on her back. She even scoots around the floor on her back.

I don't think she knows what she is doing. She is just moving her body, especially when she is mad. Then she really scoots. I wonder some times if once she realizes she can get somewhere doing that, if she is going to scoot on her back instead of crawl.

I keep putting her on her tummy, but she will roll onto her back. I think she is really eager to sit up. She has been trying to sit up for the past month and a half. And she can hold her self up for maybe about 2 seconds. I know not long, but how many almost 4 month olds can do that?

I just love watching my children discover new things.

No comments: