tracker

Monday, August 31, 2009

My little bably who grows so fast.


So Sleeping Beauty turned 4 months old yesterday. And she is getting big.

We have had a few days here and there that have been cooler, and so I have been trying to get a few outfits that are warmer clothes, so that we are prepared for when the weather gets cold. I was at Costco last week, and noticed they had their cooler weather clothes out. I have also noticed that this Costco sells out of the smaller sizes pretty quickly. So I bought about 7 outfits and 3 PJ's for Sleeping Beauty. I debated what size to get, because she grows so fast. A couple weeks ago she had reached the point where she could only wear the larger 3-6 month size clothes and the smaller 6-9. The brand I was looking at was Carters, which I sometimes find their sizes confusing. A few months ago, I had bought 4 long sleeved rompers in the 9 month size, which weight wise is 6-9 month sizing. When I got home, and compared them to the clothes I already had, I realized they were really 12 month size. Anyway so the other day, I was debating what size to buy. I picked up some 6 month size stuff, and held it up to her. It looked like it was bigger than she was. I then fished a undershirt out of my diaper bag, that was the size that she was growing out of and held it up to the size of the shirt I was looking at. The shirt I was looking at was a good amount larger. So I decided to go with the 6 month size. One of the outfits I had bought was a short sleeved/long pants outfit, and I put it on her today. When I was fastening it up, I had to stretch the shirt to get it to snap over the crotch. So then I was wondering if it was just that outfit. Nope, that one is the same size as all the other ones I bought. I then laid one of the rompers I had bought a while ago next to her on the floor, and it wasn't a whole lot larger than she is.

I don't mind her growing, and I think I have plenty of 12 month cooler weather clothes from when Cinderella was in that size, so I should be OK. I'm just frustrated that I bought, and laundered quite a few cooler weather outfits, that are really cute, that she quite possibly won't ever be able to wear.

So how do you know what size of clothes to get for the next season when you are shopping for babies? I never know when a growth spurt is going to hit.

2 comments:

Shamaine said...

That is a good question, wish I could help. I think baby sizes are weird too. It's kind of funny your baby and mine are exactly the same age, but mine is still wearing 3-6 month clothes and just now out-growing some of his 3 month clothes. But they do grow really fast. Good luck trying to figure it out.

Rose said...

That's a good question. Let me know when you figure it out. :) To be honest, my kids wardrobe works for them almost yearround, since we live in Washington. When it get REALLY cold (think snow), we put them in warm coats, and maybe put on a pair of leggings or thick tights under whatever else they are wearing (pajama bottoms for the boy). Since it's still the winter season, will Costco let you return the outfits for store credit?