tracker

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Snack Time

OK so something that seems to be a recurring problem for me is trying to think of healthy snack ideas that don't take much work. And that don't present a choking hazard for a 1 year old.

I seem to remember having this same problem when Cinderella was about a year old too. The problem is I don't remember what solutions I came up with. So I want to ask you.

If you were making snacks for a 3 and 1 year old, and you wanted it to be healthy and balanced what would you serve?
Or what do you give your kids as snacks?

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

that's usually when we have fruit, especially because both my kiddos love bananas and they're super easy. we've also done pizza sauce and cheese on toast, shredded carrot and pineapple salad (shredded carrots in the food processor are softer than store bought)and you can throw just about anything in the blender and call it a smoothie.

Hill said...

natural apple sauce (no additives, like sugar or preservatives) and goldfish (they aren't the healthiest, but kids love them)

Hill said...

oh...fat free pretzels

Kati said...

Yeah, feeding kids is just hard! I like the fruit ideas, other possibilities are yogurt, string cheese, cheerios, toast . . .

The Osborne Family said...

my kids eat a lot of string cheese, apples, bananas, raisins, applesauce, oatmeal (I buy the instant, flavored packets), pretzels, crackers, and yogurt.

angelalois said...

ritz crackers with peanut butter and bananas. or peanut butter and jelly.