tracker

Saturday, November 22, 2008

It makes me wonder what she is thinking....

Yesterday, I was cooking dinner when Cinderella came in and wanted to know if she could help me. I was making lasagna, and I needed cheese grated, so I let her help with that. Well I moved over to the other counter where I was putting together the layers. She had finished with the cheese, and remained on her stool. I don't know why I didn't wonder what she was doing. But I really gave it no thought.

A little while later she told me she was eating an apple. Well a problem we have had with her recently is she gets hungry and comes and grabs something easy to find, with out asking. And it isn't that uncommon to find her with an apple, chomping away. Now she knows she isn't supposed to do that, but true to her age and stage at the moment, does it anyway.

Anyway, I said something to her about how she isn't supposed to be eating apple without asking, and she isn't supposed to get something to eat while Mama is making dinner. I asked her to put the apple down. She said OK. It was still a while before I turned around, and when I did, I found 3 apples with bites taken out of them. And her putting them back in the fruit bowl. I was really frustrated, and didn't know how to handle it.

Anyway, later that night, I discovered two pears that also had bites taken out of them. Turned bite side down, so that you couldn't see them.

It just makes me wonder. Why did she take one or two bites out of each fruit, instead of just munching on one? I guess I'll never know.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Kate will do that too. I will find bites out of apples left around. It's annoying when she asks for one and then wastes most of it!

Heidi said...

unfortunately it doesn't stop when they get older! You ask them to please eat an apple and they say ok but then you find it sitting somewhere and it is half eaten. You say "why didn't you finish your apple?" They say "I am to full." Yeah right!!!!

Adam & Brandi said...

What a funny story. She is so cute. Don't know what to say about it, except funny and cute.

Adam & Brandi said...

Hmmm...I guess these are the "wonders" we have to look forward to, huh?! If you find the answer, let us know so we can prepare!!! hahaha

Adam

Ruthann said...

It must Totally be the stage. I have been fighting alot lately with Dakotta getting into the cupboards and getting food without asking. I don't think I would mind so much except Tayson decides to do the same thing and he dumps food all over the floor. Hopefully she will get the idea that she needs to ask before she gets into food.

The Hills said...

Jenna does the same thing. We keep our apples in the fridge because we like them cold (and it keeps the fruit flies away) and Jenna will go in the fridge and pull out as many as three apples and take bites out of them. Then she will leave them in strange places. Like in the dryer or on top of a can of juice or in the "snack basket." Apples are too expensive to do this with!

The most unfortunate part is that apples are NOT kind to her body, but she eats them anyway.