tracker

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

E is for energetic

Which is something that I am not lately. I have been so tired. My son has been teething and even though he is handling it without much difficulty, it does wake him up in the night. I have been blessed in that he has been sleeping through the night pretty consistently since he was about a month old, so I shouldn't complain about having to get up 5 times during the night to give him back his plug. But hey this too shall pass.
My daughter is quite energetic. And she loves playgrounds. Today I was going visiting teaching, and when I got to the apartment I was visiting, there was a playground right by where I parked my car. As soon as she got out the car she ran for the playground. I had to go and retrieve her, and she wasn't too happy with me. She decided to make it hard for me to climb the stairs I guess, I was holding her hand, and she latched onto my leg with her other arm, and legs so I was carrying her up the stairs with me. It definitely gives me a work out. Then when we got home, she held my hand because we were in a parking lot, and then told me to run. She wanted to run through the parking lot. So we did. Then she wanted to run after we got into our apartment. I had to put my foot down there however.
Where do young children get all their energy. If I could keep up with her, I bet she would run all day long.
My baby turned 6 months old last week, and he can now sit up and crawl. He has been scooting around for probably 2 months. My kids just like to go. I guess kids need to have energy so that they can keep us adults moving.
So what keeps you moving? Are your kids energetic or are they more calm?

1 comment:

Rose said...

Like you... my kids keep me moving. Jorden especially loves to run, and if they aren't running, they are "exploring" cupboards and stuff the minute that I turn my back... which means I have to run over and get them out of it before I have another mess to clean up! And if I'm cleaning up one mess, it's very likely that they are making another one. It's like playing tag... lol