tracker

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Z is for Zip-A-De-Do-Da

OK so I know I'm stretching this letter thing a little far. But you know the old Disney Song from "Song of the South", Zip--A-De-Do-Da? The song is talking about how it is a wonderful day. Well, that is how I feel about fall.
As soon as you can start feeling that fall bite in the air, and the leaves start turning colors, I feel a renewed bounce in my step. It is kind of funny, but most of the year my favorite color is a shade of blue, but in the fall it becomes pumpkin orange. I also start craving pumpkin foods. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin roll, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bars; and this year I even had a craving for pumpkin soup. The funny part about pumpkin soup, is I have never even had it. But I will probably remedy that this year.
So I'm not sure when these pumpkin cravings started I know it happened after I got married, but other than that I don't know. I also tend to crave apples more in the fall too. I think that one stems back from some childhood memories.
I love the crunch of leaves under my feet, the smells of fall, everything I can think of that is associated with fall. I just love it. It brings about a feeling of change. I don't know if that is in association with memories of school starting, or maybe because my birthday is in the fall. I just love fall.
So what is your favorite season? What do you like about it? Why do you think you like it?

2 comments:

Rose said...

Hmmm... I like all the seasons for one reason or another. One of my favorite seasons is summertime though. It's one of the only times we get decent weather in Washington State, and it makes it ideal for taking the children outside to play! :) We like to swim and go to the park.

Shannon said...

I'm so fickle, I think I like whatever the newest season is for about two weeks, and then I'm desperate for the next one to start up. I like Fall fashion, though...the turtlenecks and the sweaters and the tights...that's fun.