tracker

Sunday, June 3, 2007

T stands for two, terrible, and terrific.

Have you ever dealt with a two-year-old? A two year old is kind of like a diamond. They are both multifaceted. You can be dealing with the sweetest kid in the world one minute and then the next your dealing with a major meltdown. They can be so cute that you want to laugh, and then they do something that makes you want to scream. You can go through happy, sad, crazy, mad, calm, and then yelling all in 30 min. time. But you know what? I love it. I wouldn't trade my two-year-old for anything in the world. She is my pride and joy. She is the best anti-depressant that I have ever had. My heart melts when she looks at me and says "thanks, mama" or when in her best two-year-old way she starts singing all of the songs that she has learned at church or that I have sung to her. So yes a two-year-old brings challenges, like potty-training, and independence, and a very messy house at times. (OK a messy house most of the time) But T also stands for temporary, which is what the two-year-old phase is. So you just have to enjoy the good time, and grin and bear the bad times. For when it is done it is done.

1 comment:

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.