tracker

Saturday, June 16, 2007

P is for patience, potty-training, pacifiers, pressure, and perservierence

Have you ever noticed that there are a lot of things in life that you do or want to do, because you are afraid of what everyone else will think?
For me, I have two that are really getting to me right now. Potty-training, and pacifiers or as it is better known at my house "the plug". So my two-year-old is not potty-trained, and she still uses her plug when she takes a nap, goes to bed, or when she manages to find one I didn't put away. So social pressure tells me that those two things need to be fixed. However my daughter doesn't agree.
So I find myself being wishy-washy and trying at times to master these steps, and at other times not really caring if they get mastered or not. Now this is probably a big part of the problem, I'm not consistent.
So we live in the world of diapers coming off by a toddler who wants to "do own" and then we have messes all over the carpet, and bare bottoms running around, yet refusing to sit on the potty. And pacifiers being thrown out constantly, due to holes from chewing, with the vow that I will not buy any more , yet I still find myself picking up some when I go to the store.
So I have decided that I just need to decide that today will be the day, and stick with it until we have truly mastered the situation. But first am I doing it for them or for me?

No comments: