tracker

Thursday, June 21, 2007

B is for Bad day, and Blessings

I've just been reminded of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. It has been a while since I read that book, and I may be remembering wrong, but I remember it being about a boy that one day just feels like it is an awful day, and then at the end realizes that it wasn't as bad as it seemed.
Right now, I'm going through the bad day part, and I hope to be able to look back and find that it wasn't as bad as it may seem to me at the moment.
This morning we went out, when we got home I got my daughter lunch and down for a nap. And my son was sleeping in his baby swing. So I decided that I would make some finger Jello to go with dinner, eat my lunch, and then see if I could get a nap.
So I put the water on to boil, and then I forgot about it. Until about an hour or so later when I was having a really hard time getting to sleep, and then I realized that I had that pan on the stove. So as you can guess, the water had boiled dry, and the pan was ruined. Not only that, but a plastic lid was on the burner behind the pan, and it had melted to the stove as well.
So that was a tough experience. But as I have been sitting here writing this I have reached the realization that my day isn't as bad as I had thought. Yes those were hard experiences, but at least I realized that the pan was on the stove before it got so hot it melted to the stove. And at least I was able to clean all the melted plastic off the stove. So I don't have to replace a stove, just a pan and a lid. Also I realized the problem before a fire started. That would definitely been worse. So yes even though bad things happened I can see how I have been blessed to. So I guess it isn't really a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day".

No comments: