tracker

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

D is for Definitely Different

So it may seem to someone who has never had any children or is only the parent of one, that it shouldn't be too hard to not compare your children. They are different individuals and that you should know that and expect that.
Now maybe some parents do. But I can tell you that for me at least it takes some work.
I knew my kids would be different, and not just that one is a boy and one is a girl. But I was still kind of shocked when my son was born, and he looked very different from what his sister looked like when she was born.
My first child was a definite pacifier baby, in fact she is still quite attached to it. My second child will suck on one if it is put in his mouth, but definitely prefers his fist. As my husband put it one time, something I have to get used to is that the pacifier isn't the solution to all the worlds problems with this kid.
My daughter, loved to cuddle and be held for her first 4-5 months of life. My son would rather lay on the floor where he has more freedom to move his limbs around.
My daughter had a hard time nursing, but that is what she wanted to do, she didn't like the bottle. My son, refuses to nurse, the bottle is all he will take.
So yes they are different and I am getting used to it. And you know what I love them all the more for their differences. I don't think I would want two children who are exactly alike.
And I'm sure as they grow I'll come to realize even more differences, and enjoy every minute of it.

No comments: