tracker

Monday, June 15, 2009

I can see a rainbow

So I find it amazing that even though the area that we lived in for the last 2 years was an area of much rain, it wasn't until we moved to a desert area that my children experienced their first real rainbow.

One night this last week, after we had put the kids to bed, I happened to glance out the window and see a rainbow. We got the kids up to let them see it too.
Cinderella wanted to go climb it. She was kind of disappointed when I told her she couldn't, because it is just made of light.

Guy was very excited and talked about how there was a rainbow in one of his books.

I really enjoy exposing my kids to new fun things.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That's cool! Makes me miss home! I grew up in Orem/Provo area and enjoyed those kind of rainbows all the time. They are beautiful. Great pictures.

Adam & Brandi said...

Hmmm...we have rainbows all the time in Spokane too. That's neat that you woke them up to see something new. I remember as a very, very young child being woken up by my parents to see a fireworks display while we were visiting Disneyland in California. That's special when a parent recognizes something that may be interesting or a learning opportunity and capitalizes on those moments. Way to go!!!

Adam