tracker

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Are you voting? Do you know what you are voting for?

I am really concerned about this up coming election. I am concerned about what choices there are to make, because, we are the ones who have made those choices available.
I have to honestly say, that I'm not really in favor of either presidential candidate. However I do tend to favor Palin as a VP candidate.

I'm not really in favor of either of the candidates that are running for Governor in my state. I don't know a whole lot about the people running for the other positions in my state.
My state is a state that pretty much always carries the Democratic vote on Presidential elections, and one that the media has stated is already decided.

Because I side with the Republican candidate, should that mean I just stay home, because "my vote won't count for anything anyway?" And anyway, I don't know what to vote for on anything else?

Or do I go and vote, and just vote for the person who seems the most appealing to the senses or carnal self, just because I don't really know anything about them?

I don't know about you, but I want my vote to count for something. So what am I going to do? I am going to take what time I have left, research my options, and make my voice heard. Even if it might not be heard very far.

There are a lot of crazy things on many ballots this November. Do you know what's on yours? Do you understand what your vote means? If not I highly suggest that you do some research. Learn what it really is you are voting for, and vote. And if you don't vote, don't gripe that you don't like the way things turn out.

4 comments:

The Osborne Family said...

I totally know where you're coming from. I don't have a lot of confidence in either candidate, and even if they have good ideas, there's no guarantee they'll get what they want. I've been going back and forth and decided to vote for the candidate that most closely follows the same moral standards I have.
I, too, have heard that it is already decided that Obama is going to stomp Mcain, but I have read articles lately that indicate the race may be much closer than people realize. I am choosing to believe that and vote by my conscience and hope an pray that others do the same. Hopefully, the thought of someone less savory winning, even if it is supposedly already decided, will encourage others to take a stand and let their vote do the talking.

Anonymous said...

I am not trying to put down anything you have said, but I just wanted to share my thoughts. I am a mormon and I am gladly voting for Barack Obama.

I think if you really study his postion and attitude towards politics and America, you will see why we have lot to hope for.

Sometimes we as Mormons assume that things can only get worse in the world because the Savior is on his way. But there is a great danger in that way of thinking. Hope, Change, and opptomism are all virtuous things that we should seek after and not deride.

I have seen way to much paranoia passed around in emails and in casual conversations about Obama.
Whoever you vote for I hope we all stay engaged politically no matter who is elected and continually fight for what is right, even after the excitement of the election has faded.

Julie said...

For the benefit of all.. I was not trying to trash on any political candidate. Nor am I saying things are only going to get worse.
Just research what you are voting, so you know what you are really voting for. And vote. Thanks!

wandering nana said...

I know the election is over but we were counseled by the leaders of our church to prayer and to study the issues before we voted. This has been the same advice that we have been given over the last several years.