tracker

Friday, July 18, 2008

A reunion

So this last weekend we went to the other side of the state to visit my husbands family. One of his sisters lives in Alaska and we hadn't seen her since last September, and we hadn't seen her husband since Cinderella was Guy's age. They had flown down for the weekend so we headed over. We stayed at one of my sister-in-law's house, and since she attends a singles ward (a congregation of our church made up of single adults from 18-30) we really didn't want to take our kids there for church.
However I have a roommate from my college days, Brandi, who lives in that same town with her husband Adam. So I called her up and asked if we could go to church with them. I haven't seen Brandi since college so it was fun to get together with her again.
They invited us over for lunch afterward which was a real treat. They have two Pomeranians, Piper and Bowser. They let Piper into the house and my kids just went crazy. Wow they loved playing with that dog. Guy was having the time of his life. They chased Piper all over. Guy did get frightened once when Adam had Piper growling, and barking at the reflection from his watch. But I quickly showed him that the dog was nice and he was right back into the action of chasing again.



Cinderella loved interacting with Adam. He was very responsive and interactive with her. In fact I was looking at their blog earlier today and Cinderella said to me, "It's Adam and Eve." I thought it was funny. She definitely remembered Adams name, and Eve is the name she hears associated with Adam the most. Brandi and Adam are currently working on becoming adoptive parents. I hope it works out for them soon. I think they will be great parents.
I am grateful they let us come and visit. It is always fun to get together with old friends.

No comments: