tracker

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Things that go bump in the night

So last night when we were sleeping we were suddenly awakened to a loud bang, that to me sounded like the dryer door being slammed shut. My first thought was that my husband had gotten up for the day, and was getting in the dryer for something. But I couldn't figure out why he would be getting in the dryer. Then I realized that he was still in bed and it was only about 3:00. So I turned to him and asked him if he knew what that noise was.
He said it was maybe the laundry detergent. You see yesterday we went to Costco, and in an attempt to save money, I thought we could get our detergent there. We had previously been using Tide, and decided to try Kirkland brand. I don't know if their bottle of liquid detergent is shaped slightly different than the Tide one, or if we just didn't have it back far enough on the shelf. But somehow in the middle of the night it fell, off the shelf onto the washing machine, and then landed on the floor.
The valve cap broke in the process and there was detergent all over. Thankfully though that is all that broke and it landed right side up.
Could have been worse. Now we just need to figure out how to close the container, and where to keep it.
I didn't think to take pictures of the mess last night, and I wanted to get it cleaned up before the kids got up. But you may notice in the pictures, there is detergent smeared on the side of the bottle, and some on the top of the washing machine that was missed when we were cleaning up.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Oh gross! Liquid laundry detergent is NOT fun to clean up!