tracker

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

1st Haircut

OK so this picture is in part a bad example, because he had just finished eating, and so he not only had food all over his face but in his hair too. But it was the best picture I could find that showed how much Guy needed a haircut. Particularly because I like my boy's to have short hair. So his hair is sticking out all over the place and if you look towards the top and back of his hair, you might be able to tell that he has some really long hair back there.
He used to reach up and pull on his hair, while he was eating his bottle. And that hair in that section, got really long.
Well, I've never given a baby a haircut before. Cinderella has naturally curly hair, and so her hair never really needed to be cut, to look cute. She has had it trimmed, but that was by my sister-in-law, who is a beautician.
I asked my visiting teaching companion, who has a son about 3 1/2 months older than Guy, if she has ever cut her son's hair. She told me she has a few times. She takes him into the bathroom, gives him something to play with that is kind of a novelty. And then she kind of combs his hair with her fingers and cuts the hair above her fingers. So if someone gets cut, it is her.
So we tried it this morning. I took Guy to the bathroom, put him on the floor, gave him something to play with and he held still for maybe 2 or 3 snips of the scissors. Then my hubby stepped in and tried to help buy holding Guy's head. Well we got the really long stuff on top, and most of the long stuff around the ears, as well as a few other places. There are still some long areas, and it is not at all even, but hey it looks better right?


1 comment:

Rose said...

I love his new haircut! Very cute!!!