tracker

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Y is for "You're It"

Or at least that is what I was told, so I guess more accurately I'm it.
My friend Shannon, tagged me, and I guess this is some sort of blog tag.
And because I took so long getting this post out, I've been tagged again, and so I'm combining Heidi's tag into this post as well. But her rules are a little different. So I have changed them them to the more complex.

This is a different tag, so here are the rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 7 little-known facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 7 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. (Here's the catch. I don't know that many people's blogs so it will only be 3, until I can get my hubby to start a blog, and then he will be tagged from the get go. And I may come up with some others to tag as time goes on. We'll see.)

So here goes.
  1. I play the violin. Well not really, but I could. OK so I took lessons starting when I was 4, and continued until I was about 11. The method I was learning is called the Suzuki method. You learn to play by ear, and then I guess they eventually teach you how to read music, but I never got that far. When I was about 11 my family moved, and finances were a bit tighter, and where I wasn't practicing, my mom stopped my lessons. I tried to to orchestra in school, but I didn't really know how to read music, all I could do is play by ear. So after 7th grade, I stopped that as well. I still know the rudementery skills. And could probably manage something simple if asked, but that is as far as it goes.
  2. I like to write stories. Starting in about 4th grade I took up the hobby of writing short stories. Something that I haven't really done much of since I graduated from Snow College.
  3. I would like to write a novel some time. This is something that may have to sit on the burner until all my kids are at least in school, possibly even longer, and may never happen.
  4. From about 7th grade until I graduated from High School, what I really wanted to be when I grew up was a High School English teacher. In fact I kept every assignment I ever had to do in an English class during that time. I think I may even still have them.
  5. I hate shopping. Particularly for myself. But if I have to shop I would rather do it online, and not have to drive to the store, deal with the crowds, and shuffle through racks to try to find the right thing in the right size.
  6. I am great at starting projects, but terrible at finishing them. Right now I tend to blame that on the fact that I have 2 small children, but really, I was never really good at finishing projects. For example, I still have a latch hook rug, I was given when I was probably 13 or so. I have finally finished with the yarn, now I just need to trim it and back it. We'll see if that ever happens.
  7. I once dyed my hair brown to be rebellious. The catch. My hair is brown, naturally, I just dyed it a darker shade. Pretty rebellious huh?
I am going to tag
both Adam and Brandi (I know you have the same blog, but I want to see a post for each of you.)
Kirsten
And as soon as my hubby starts a blog he'll be tagged from the get go.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Hahaha!!! I've dyed my hair a darker brown before too... :) Funny that you were doing it to be "rebellious." :)

Kirsten said...

i like your longer hair, by the way. cute photo.