tracker

Monday, September 2, 2019

Extracurriculars

We have a  lot going on right now, and I have a tendency to feel overwhelmed and swamped.  School just started, and with school starting, we also have extracurriculars that have started.  In the past I have put some of my kids in music lessons, but that has been the extent of extracurriculars.

At the end of last school year, Scooter told me he would like to play soccer.  Spike agreed.  One thing about out family is we have never been into sports much.  As a result, we also aren't as physically active as we could be.  This has been a concern, but not something we have known how to fix.  So what Scooter asked about soccer, I decided to take him up on it, and enrolled him and Spike.

Aurora, at that same time decided she wanted to do gymnastics instead of violin which she had been doing for the last 2 years.   She had committed to 2 full years of violin, and those 2 years would be up at the end of the summer.  So I told her we could sign her up in the fall.  Then I got so busy with our summer, that I forgot all about soccer and gymnastics.

Then about a week before school started I got an email about soccer starting.  It had a link to the boys have schedules.  Once I looked at the schedule, I realized how busy just games and practices were going to make things.  And I hadn't even signed Aurora up for gymnastics yet.

We finally signed her up and for her started.  At her first lesson, I took Angel, Bunny, and Scooter with me.  They all decided that want to do gymnastics too.  With Scooter doing soccer, I told him maybe next year.  But I was able to sign up Angel so she can participate as well.

Cinderella and Guy are both in Jr high school now, and have their music classes there.  So now all the kids except for Bunny are involved in something. 

I know she wants to be part of what is going on, but with her only 2, I'm not sure if I should do something for her or not.  A lot of activities for toddlers are during the day instead of afternoon.  If I put her in something in the morning, Angel will feel as if she needs to be included and REALLY let me know every time if she isn't.  And I don't know how much farther my time and finances will spread.  So I think I'll hold off for now.  Maybe she can join the fun when she is preschool age.


No comments: