tracker

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Well I've gone and done it

As part of the changes that occurred with moving we decided to consider the idea of putting the kids back into public school.

Cinderella was very excited.  She has missed some of the aspects of public school a lot.

Guy was kind of hit or miss.  Sometimes he wanted to stay home, other times he liked the idea of going back to school.

Aurora has never been to school.  She also still deals with a bit of the anxiety that she has had in the past about being separated from me.  However she has a desire to go to school, as well as some apprehension.  


Deciding to send them back to school is one of the hardest decisions I have ever made.  Even harder than choosing to homeschool them.  I now have knowledge of both sides of the equation.  I know what it is like to homeschool my children, the pluses and minuses.  I also know what it is like to send them to school, and the concerns that are to be had in that aspect.

Everyone has their opinions.  Home schoolers wonder why you would ever consider such a thing.  Public  schoolers wonder why you made the decision to homeschool in the first place.

The hubs and I have made it a matter of a lot of prayer, and felt like this was a step we need to take.  

Well today was their first day back.  It was interesting here at home.  I think this is the first time I have had only 2 kids home during the day since Aurora was born almost 7 years ago.    Spike and Scooter definitely loved the attention.   Spike wanted to play all day, and had a hard time understanding that I still had work I needed to do.  

I also  started potty training Scooter, today.   Something I think he is ready for.   He hates diaper changes.  So I think once he figures out how to recognize his cues and how that ties into the lack of diaper changes, I think we will be done with diapers.  

The hubs dropped the kids off today.  He said they just took off into the school and didn't look back.  We will see how things are when they get home in a bit.  

No comments: