tracker

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Farewell to the red stripe

Today we met with a realtor,  he came by our house to help us know what steps we should take to fix up our house and make it more saleable.   I understand and am on board with most of his suggestions. However there is one thing I am having a hard time with.

The red stripe in the kitchen.  He told us that red is a color that people either love or hate, and to appeal to the masses,  we should get rid of the red.  Especially where the kitchen is the #1 selling point of a house.  I understand his reasoning, but I still mourn the loss of the red.

As I pondered my response to this, I realized that the red is part of who I am.  It reflects my love for color.  In taking it out I think it really hits home, that this isn't really my kitchen any more,  and I have to say goodbye.   I will have another kitchen one day, and I can make it mine, and fill it with color.  But for today, I need to take me out of my kitchen,  so someone else can make it theirs.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think you should leave it. I think most people are ok with changing some paint colors when they move in. I know when we look at houses, if I don't like the color in a certain room I just think eh, I could re-paint. That's easy.