tracker

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

sugar, and spice, and all that's nice

I have found that my last two pregnancies (my current one, and when I was pregnant with Spike) have presented me with an interesting dilemma. A strong distaste for sweetened foods. With Spike I think I was farther along, and I don't remember making any specific diet choices, other than just not eating sweets when they were offered.

However this go round, I am currently in a stage where I feel sick if I have gone more than 5 minutes without eating. My current snack has been blueberries, which are wonderful, but sometimes I need something with more substance. But I am having a hard time coming up with ideas that aren't sweetened.

And I am having a hard time coming up with breakfast ideas. For breakfast we usually have things like pancakes, cream of wheat, oatmeal, bagels, etc. Most of which are usually served with added sweeteners, or are sweetened themselves. I guess I can skip any topping, I think that might be what I did last time.

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Maybe things I haven't thought of. Oh, and I am against fake sugars, and really sweets just don't appeal to me, so I don't think substituting other sweeteners is the answer.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Rose said...

Breakfast ideas: eggs and potatoes! You can also buy whole grain hot cereals, and then go without adding any sweetener to it.