tracker

Friday, February 5, 2010

Wipes and locks

So I order my wipes from Amazon. I was a little late this time, and ran out of wipes before the others showed up. I knew they had been shipped, but didn't know when they were coming. So I logged onto my account to see when they were scheduled to be delivered, so I would know if I needed to go to the store and buy more wipes or if I could survive with just the ones in my diaper bag.

Well Amazon told me they had been delivered. So I looked on my porch and they weren't there. I decided to get my shoes on and walk around the house and see if I could find the box. I had seen a UPS truck on my street this morning, so I was hoping that was it, and I could find it somewhere. Nope. Not in my front yard. Then I noticed a box on the porch across the street. I went and looked and sure enough it had my name on it.

So I pick it up and carry it home. I get to my front door, try to open it, and it is locked. And no I don't have my keys on me. It is 35 degrees out side, and I am wearing short sleeves, and no coat. My kids are in the house, but they are doing quiet time and Cinderella is the only one who knows how to open the door. So I ring the bell and pray that she hears me. She did, after I rang it lots of times. She looked out the window saw it was me and came to open the door. Then she noticed that the dead bolt wasn't locked, and tried to tell me through the door that it wasn't locked and I was being silly. Finally she opened the door.

Hmm. I need to be more careful about making sure the door isn't locked when I go out it seems.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Whoops! I been locked out of the house before, so I regularly make a habit of taking my keys with me, everytime! But I can understand that if the kids were having quiet time, you assumed that they wouldn't get up and lock you out... :)

Robin said...

That reminds me of the movie incident. Did you ever figure out what happened to that? Speaking of old movies, I watched "It happened one night" last weekend with Clark Gable. Have you seen it? I really enjoyed it.

Adam & Brandi said...

Julie, I am so sorry but I had to laugh! OUT LOUD! Glad that it all worked out and you got your wipes!