tracker

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sleep

So ever since Guy was born we had him share a room with Cinderella. There were times that it was a little inconvenient, and one would wake the other up in the night. But for the most part they adjusted and we had little problem. Until now.

We have moved out of our apartment, and are staying with my parents. Cinderella is on a twin size bed, that is against the wall. And Guy is on a trundle bed, on it's lowest setting, right next to the twin. So part of the problem is probably proximity.

Every night since we got here, I have had to put the kids to bed at different times from each other, because if I don't Guy won't let Cinderella go to sleep. The first night we were here, Cinderella came out to tell me that Guy was crying to keep her awake, and then he would grab her arm and pull her from her bed, to his, to the floor. So that night I started keeping Guy up until Cinderella was asleep. Then I would put him to bed, and she would just sleep through his crying. Well I kept doing this every night, because when ever I tried to put them both down at the same time, they wouldn't go to sleep.

The down side is that Guy isn't getting enough sleep. He is striking on naps. Plus my nephew needs that room to take his naps, so I don't feel right putting Guy down when he probably won't sleep, and keeping my nephew, who would most likely sleep, up. He stays up late, and is up early in the morning. So tonight I am trying a different approach. I put Guy to bed, and put Cinderella in my bed. After Guy settles down, I'll try and get Cinderella moved to her bed. Hopefully this will get them both down at a decent time. I just hope that it works and that I can get Cinderella moved.

Only time will tell.

So here is my question. We haven't found a house yet. But I want to get a house that has at least 2 other bedrooms on the same floor as the master. Who shares a room with who? If you were me would you put Cinderella and Guy together and leave Sleeping Beauty on her own? Or put the girls together, and leave Guy by himself? Or put Guy and Sleeping Beauty together and let Cinderella have her own room?

3 comments:

The Hills said...

It really depends on who is the better sleeper. Personally I would put the girls together. If Cinderella and Guy can't get along sleeping at the same time now, they won't get it for awhile. It would probably be best to keep them separate. Cinderella is older and it sounds like she can sleep through anything, after she falls asleep initially. That's just what I would do.

That actually reminds me. When Jenna was born and she and Tyler shared a room, he would whine if she was awake in the room. Jenna did the same thing when Curtis was born, but Tyler fell right asleep because he was older and it didn't bother him as much any more. It also helped that both Jenna and Curtis were in cribs in the same room so that even though they could be loud, they could not touch him.

I hope this helped.

Ruthann said...

We have our two older kids together and the baby by herself for now. I feel like when my kids are babies it's hard enough to get them to sleep without the older kids waking them up. I don't put my older kids in bed at the same time though. One goes to bed about 30 minutes before the other.

Calangelbear said...

I would let the baby have it's own room while she is little. Since babies tend to wake up during the night, etc. When she is a little older... (at least a toddler) I would put the girls together.