tracker

Saturday, August 4, 2007

F is for finding humor in situations

OK so it really should be H is for humor but seeing as how I have already used H I needed a different option.
Having a 2 year old and a 4 month old can create some interesting situations. For example, when I am home with just my two kids I have gotten in the habit of when I go to the bathroom, I take the baby with me and lay him on the floor in my bedroom right outside the bathroom door, and then I leave the door open. My daughter will then sometimes wonder where I am and start calling out "Mommy", and then I will respond with "what?" and she will ask "where are you" and I will yell back, if she hasn't found me yet, "I'm using the potty". Well today in such a scenario I realized that the bathroom window happened to be open, and I could just imagine someone walking past our apartment and suddenly hearing "I'm using the potty" in an adult voice, and the thought hit me as humorous, maybe you just think it is dumb, but I thought it was funny.
Recently we were given this toy for our baby that is a sphere shaped rattle on one side and a sphere with cloth flower petals on the other side and then they are connected by a curved bar that twists in the middle. Anyway, I gave him this toy to play with and it was so funny to watch. The bar is to big for him to get a hold of easily, so he would clasp it to his body with his arm, and then he would try to shove the rattle end into his mouth. It is too big to fit however and he would lay there and try over and over to get this thing into his mouth, it was funny to watch.
I'm realizing as I am writing these episodes that maybe you have to be there to get the humor out of some things.
Tell me what funny things have happened to you lately?

No comments: