tracker

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Where and how to ask for help

I wish I knew.  I wish I knew how and where and who to ask for help.  I usually just plug along the best I can, until I crash.  I know that isn't healthy, but when people ask me what I need, I honestly don't know what to tell them.

The interesting thing about this is, many times I
have felt if I could just split myself into multiple people I could get it all done.  That means that somewhere in my mind, I know what I want done, so why can't I tell/ask others?

I realized the answer to this question this last weekend.  I feel so burdened down by the heaviness of what I am trying to carry, I don't want to make anyone else carry it.  I see all the other things people have going on in their lives, and think "they don't need the additional stress of my life and problems.". So I keep it to myself.  I think one of my greatest fears is being a burden on someone else.

Through all of this introspection, I realize I need to ask for help, and let others serve me more.  I just am never sure where and who to ask.  I find some people who are very supportive and helpful, so I know I can ask them.  But after multiple times of asking them, because I don't know who else to turn to, I am afraid I am burning them out.  Not because they tell me I am, but because I know how heavy my burden is, and I don't want to be the annoying friend/neighbor/ relative who is always leaving my problems to them or asking them to help me fix things.  Once again I don't want to be a burden.

No comments: