tracker

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pasta Coona Macaroona

This is the name of a dish I made for dinner the other night. I created the recipe, and Cinderella named it. Being a creation the measurements are approximate. I've only made it once, so I don't have it down to a science yet. But my kids really liked it, so I'm sure I'll be making it again.

To make this dish you need:

Penne (I used about 8 oz)
Cooked Chicken cut into bite sized pieces (I used about 5 tenders, but if you area big meat eater use more.)
Normandy Vegetables ( I used a small bag of frozen)
Cream soup of your preference. (The soup I used is called Shirley J, it is a cream soup base. You add the powder to water and cook it. However if you are using condensed cream soup, you will need to reconstitute it with a can of milk or water. Or you can make a cream soup from scratch if you really want to. I would use enough soup so the casserole isn't too dry.)
Dried Basil to taste
Dried Oregano to taste
Shredded Cheddar about 1/2 cup
Garlic (I used one clove minced.)

Cook your penne. Drain and rinse set aside.
Steam your veggies, and cut into bite sized pieces.
Heat up your cream soup. Add cooked chicken, spices, and garlic. Mix in cooked pasta, veggies, and cheese.
Put in a casserole dish and bake at 350 until bubbly about 20 min.

No comments: